Riley County Commissioners Meeting for Monday, December 4, 2017
Observer: Bill Schenck-Hamlin
- Commissioners signed a tax roll correction for a sewer line that is located on Ron Wells’ property.
- Commissioners approved 2018 contract for grant funding through the Special Alcohol fund.
- Commissioners signed a Riley County Personnel Action form.
- Commissioners approved the minutes from the last meeting.
- Commissioners reviewed the agendas for meetings on 12/07/2017 and 12/11/2017.
- Riley County counselor and director of administrative services, Clancy Holeman, reviewed pending county projects.
- Captain Rich Fink of RCPD noted that one fatal accident (i.e., one vehicle, one person) occurred in Riley County but, otherwise, the month had been fairly quiet.
- Gina Scroggs from Downtown Manhattan noted that last week’s Holiday season parade was a success as the parade had a record number of float entries at 62; the parade route was busy with many observers; restaurants were full; and donations were provided to Wonder Workshop.
- Tami Robison, the Budget and Finance Officer, presented amendments to the 2017 County budget. Amendments affected the general fund, bond & interest fund, county building fund, adult services fund, fire district fund, rural fire capital outlay fund, fire station projects fund, solid waste fund, and the Fairmont Heights Capital Project fund.
- Rebecca Bishop, Local Government/Public Finance Specialist, presented a report that answered three key questions: (1) What are the primary categories of revenues and expenditures for county government in Kansas? (2) How have county government revenues and expenditure in Kansas changed over time? (3) How do revenues and expenditures by county governments compare to each other? The report provides citizens who have an interest in tax and public finance issues with accurate, up-to-date information.