Riley County Commissioners Meeting for Monday, November 6, 2017
Observer: William Schenck-Hamlin
- Commissioners approved promotions for two people in the Riley County office.
- Commissioners approved an advertisement to replace a culvert on West 543th Avenue.
- Commissioners approved an amendment to increase the funding for a renovation project in the clerk’s office. Six thousand dollars was added to the project.
- Commissioners approved a .80% cost of living pay increase for appointed and elected officials.
- Commissioners approved the minutes from the last meeting.
- Commissioners reviewed the agendas for meetings on 11/9/2017 and 11/13/2017.
- Riley County counselor and director of administrative services, Clancy Holeman, reviewed pending county projects.
- Riley County treasurer, Shilo Heger, reviewed the balance sheets for Riley County. To date, sales tax collections are down by 1.57% compared to October 2016.
- Gina Scroggs from Downtown Manhattan reviewed the plans for the upcoming events during the Holiday season.
- Captain Rich Fink of RCPD noted that preventable accidents were up by 1% but injury accidents were down. He also discussed shift changes that would place more officers on duty when and where they are needed.
- Leon Hobson briefly discussed a public notice on the project that will be underway soon.
- Rich Vargo noted that a general election will be held on Tuesday, 11/07/2017 for the City Commission and School Board. Everything is ready.